Thursday, April 20, 2006

Where have all the studenst gone?

I am number 1! I am the first student to arrive today, that has not happened in a long time. Last time was when I arrived directly from a night shift and was supposed to have seminar lectures. I tried to catch some sleep before this lecture then, but the freaking washing guy disturbed me so these lectures ended up being kind of confusing. But today I am wide awake and all alone.


earlystudy

I even had to turn on the lights. Yes if you want to you may call me God cause today I got the power! And redy to take upon some serious studying.



Actually I have done some mathematics and I have to produce 3.3333333 pages per day to have a first draft of my master thesis ready for the middle of may. As you have seen this kind of pressures is not good for my blog as I can no longer produce as many posts as I would like to. This is of course not for your benefit as you need me to make your day better. Because of this I challenge you all to help me out.

My task for today is to write something highly informative and geniously on the power of the word. To do this I want to combine Claude Lévi-Strauss, Pierre Bourdieu and George Orwell. I want to combine the mythos and the structure of language with the symbolic power to show how this might be used to create newspeach and as such used to manage the public sphere and get some good old thoughtcontrol.

Now of course I could sit down and read some books, but that would be highly egoistic and not for your benefit. And of course all the readers of this blog are highly educated people on the top of the cultural axis and maybe also on the economic. So if you want more updates please send me your knowledge and thought on the subject. Do not hesitate, but go ahead and make my day. Meanwhile I will enjoy a cup of coffein and a hit of nicotine.

question

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 12:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Don't eat the urinal cake, it's not really cake."

Good advice for your thesis. 

Posted by jedimacfan

 
At 4/20/2006 04:08:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have written it down, I bet this was just what I needed to achieve an A. I mean no sensor can claim this to be wrong. 

Posted by Ole

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home