Saturday, April 15, 2006

Why oh why?

There must be some kind of a lunacy going on in the world today. "Oh drop the bomb Ole..." is probably your first thought now. But you have to see that I am talking about a psyco kind of lunacy. There seems like popstars and their likes have a certain need of getting sculptures made of themselves. And not just any kind of sculptures. Take a look for yourself:

This is the sculptur Kate Moss got made for herself:


kate_moss_sculpture3

kate_moss_sculpture2

kate_moss_sculpture1

I mean who would want be pictured like that? And even worse, to have something like that in the living room. The kids in that house would probably suffer from eternal trauma.

But an even worse statue (if possible) is the one Britney Spears got made of herself. Look at this:

britney sculpture

This is just so wrong in so many ways. I mean I don't even know where to begin.

Suposedly this sculpture is from Britneys birth. The word "birth" is, on the other hand, the last one to come up in my mind when looking at this sculpture. First of all, what is the bearskin doing there? I mean poor bear being molested like that. And who on earth have ever seen anyone giving birth kneestanding on a bear rug? It's just an utter pervertion in my mind, but that might be me.

I am quite happy though that the statue is not photographed from all sides like the Kate Moss one. But again imagine Britneys kid when he is told: "This is from your birth cutiepie, look how mama was struggeling." Poor bastard.

Another guy who also enjoyed being eternalized by bronze was the Norwegian ex-prime minister. I have still not understood why he was given a sculpture, the fact that anyone would like to have him in their hallway is disturbing. You have to be a real wacko to want something like that.

Bondevik-byste

On the other hand, if you want one of Mr. Georgie you can by it for 1995$. If you also buy the "Freedom watch" and pay 5990$ for both. A fantastic offer! I mean who can live without these wonderful statues?

bushsculpture

Other people throughout history has also enjoyed being made in bronze. And they have all been quite succsessful in their fields.

pol pot

stalin

hitlersculpture

But hey, its a human right to get a statue made of oneself. It has of course nothing to do with satisfaction of the Superme. And a statue is not only satisfactory for oneself. For example I bet Mr. Bondevik also enjoyed the Britney statue. Probably he enjoyed it even more than she did herself:

britney sculpturembond

Oh I almsot forgot. The king of kitschy sculptures. Mr. Jackson and his friend Mr. Bubbles:

jackson

4 Comments:

At 4/15/2006 11:15:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so twisted and you have so many mental issues. But that's the only reason I keep reading you blog. Ecellent work. 

Posted by jedimacfan

 
At 4/15/2006 11:16:00 PM , Blogger jedimacfan said...

*Excellent

 
At 4/16/2006 11:50:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

>And who on earth have ever seen anyone giving birth kneestanding on a bear rug? It's just an utter pervertion in my mind, but that might be me.<

and you have seen a couple of people giving birth you say?

 
At 4/16/2006 12:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I have seen women in that exact position and I promise you, they where not giving bith... 

Posted by Ole

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home