Sunday, March 25, 2007

I'm a cheerleader!

Yesterday I went to check out the Norwegian championship in cheerleading were I hoped to see my sister Emily make a fool of herself. Actually her team won the main contest so now she runs around like a mentally insane maniac yelling "Norwegian champion! IIIIIIIIIII!"




Above you might see the team she has trained while they yell "Go, fight, win!" in a hypnotic kind of way, not unlike some Germans did in 1941... Anyhow here is my sister while watching them, she was actually more enthusiastic than the ones performing:



Anyhow her team performed just thereafter, and I have to admit they have some pretty impressing moves. Clearly they won when they performed the trick "Headfirst in the floor" which my sister was kind of manager of. You can see it about 50 sec into the film. And I'm sorry for the cut in the start. I had to change my position during filming to get the good shot, but its only two seconds which are gone. Enjoy the Norwegian champions of cheerleading:



Now Emily you are probably wondering why you were told that our brother Mr. K has this film and why we couldn't show you the camera this morning. Well you see, when I came home yesterday after a wet night out I sort of got an excellent idea when I saw your bags on the floor. I believe I could be a fantastic cheerleader myself so I think I will send this pic to the Norwegian Cheerleader Association:



Unluckily I could not find the skirt and stuff, but I found a jacket which I believe fit me perfectly:



But as you know in our family we never give up. Thereby I sign out for now while we all yell "Go! Fight! Win! GO BIG RED!"



I hope this pic will not disturb your dreams too much. But I bet you the Prime Minister would have loved this image.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 3/25/2007 10:19:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Du trenger ikke fremheve at hun går på trynet, det var ikke gøy for noen og ødela hele NM for meg, skjønner at du ikke har forståelse for det siden du aldri har jobbet hardt for et nm før. For det andre grunnen til at jeg var gira for det andre laget er at det er det laget jeg har trent og lagd show til så er kanskje ikke så rart at jeg heide ekstra på de !!!!

 
At 3/25/2007 11:43:00 PM , Blogger Ole said...

Clearly it does not improve your sense of humor.....

 
At 3/26/2007 09:48:00 AM , Anonymous marthe said...

That's my man!

 
At 3/26/2007 10:15:00 AM , Blogger Ole said...

By the way Emily I have a serious tip for you. You should put the song "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Leppard into your act. The refrain

"Pour some sugar on me!
I'm hot, sticking sweet, from my head and to my feet, yeah!"


is just perfect for some serious cheering.

Check it out and thank your brother.

 
At 3/26/2007 06:53:00 PM , Blogger martine said...

Congratulations Amalie! All I can say is: Bring it on!!!!
And congrats to you too Ole for fitting into your little sister's cheerleading outfit;)

 
At 3/28/2007 06:44:00 AM , Anonymous Ole said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much! It fitted perfectly, I have actually ordered a set for myself now, it will be perfect for my street juggling routine. And since I'm quite thin I believe Emily can start eat normally now.

 
At 7/12/2012 02:35:00 AM , Blogger Doug Edwards said...

Hey, this is gonna sound really weird but I actually coach All Star cheerleading here in America, Florida. I was wondering if you had All Star cheerleading there cause I was thinking of moving to Norway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home